Pork Adobo or also known as Adobong Baboy is a favorite Filipino dish and considered by many as the Philippine’s national dish because of it’s high popularity.
Pork Adobo is slowly cooked in vinegar, crushed garlic, bay leaf, black peppercorns, and soy sauce then you can fry it afterward to get the best taste.
Filipino Pork Adobo Ingredients :
- 1 kilo pork belly (liempo)
- 2 tbsp garlic, minced or crushed
- 5 pieces dried bay leaves
- 4 tbsp vinegar
- 1 cup soy sauce
- 1 tbsp whole pepper corn
- 1 cup water
- salt to taste
Cooking Instructions :
- Crush and peel garlic by using a mortar and pestle. Remove the garlic skin.
- Add the peppercorns and pound again using the pestle. Set aside.
- Clean the pork then cut to cubes with skin on.
- Combine the pork belly, soy sauce, and garlic then marinade for at least 1 hour
- Heat the pot and place the marinated pork belly then cook for a few minutes
- Add water, whole pepper corn, and dried bay leaves then bring to a boil.
- Simmer for 40 minutes to 1 hour or until the pork meat is tender.
- Put-in the vinegar and simmer for 12 to 15 minutes
- Serve hot. Share and enjoy!. 🙂